Recently, I decided to spend some time practicing Test Driven Development by solving Project Euler problems with TDD.
This led me to an interesting problem: outside of Rails, setting up a test environment is a time-consuming task.
Inside of Rails, all of the configuration is taken care of for you. But Rails was overkill for my needs–I didn’t need models, controllers, views, Active Record, automatic pluralization, leprechauns, unicorns, fairy creatures, or any other unruly magical beings.
I just needed tests.
So, rather than fight with unwanted magical behavior, I invested an hour in research and created a very, very basic test environment.
If you’d like to use it, feel free to clone my repo: